About the network
The Africa Liberal Network has a vision; a prosperous and integrated Africa of flourishing democracies that are at peace with one another, in which every person has the right and opportunity to fulfil their potential and be what they want to be.
The ALN’s mission is to empower liberal parties to grow their support, to increase their influence on politics and to implement liberal policies when in government.
The ALN aims to:
- Spread Liberal values across the African Continent
- To facilitate the development and growth of Liberal parties, organisations and individuals in all African countries
- To encourage solidarity among members with the aim of assisting them to achieve power through democratic means
- To establish an alliance of like-minded Liberals in Africa for the sharing of information, experiences, skills, and ideas.
The ALN achieves its aims through:
- Training workshops.
- Advocacy and lobbying
- Information and Skills exchange through visits, website, publications and research
- Election/Campaign support
- Coordination and Leadership Meetings
- Policy development
- Party organisation and development
- Gender and youth Mainstreaming
- Political education, civic awareness, voter education and registration
For information on what the ALN has achieved over the past year please take a look at our Annual Report for 2012, available here.